Monday 9 September 2013

Cake, cake and more damn cake!

It was my wonderful friend Hannah's birthday on the 1st, so on the 7th we threw her a 'do! I promised I would bake her a big cake.  And big it was.



It is covered in chocolate ganache and on the inside it's chocolate and vanilla sponges.  I baked a bit tipsy so I think it turned out well!  Everyone seemed pleased with it, so that's a plus!  It was a lovely evening and the next day I had to make yet another cake for a colleague of my boyfriend who has just had a baby! 


I had just bought a piping set from Tala baking and the squeezy bottles are so easy to use, I have no patience for bags, I always mess them up! They work beautifully so I must recommend.

The above cake is a Lemon drizzle with buttercream.  Again it went down very well.  So with being a bit drunk when I made Hannah's cake and then having a stinking hangover when I made the Lemon one I think that overall it was a fantastically successful baking weekend! 

I will follow up with the recipes for each cake later but I wanted to get on and show you the results of a busy weekend of cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment