Monday 9 September 2013

Loch Fyne, Covent Garden

Long time without posting, which I know is bad seeing as I am trying to launch something wonderful that people love to read. 
Enough of the grovelling!  I wanted to write a quick post about our dinner out on Wednesday evening.  We went to Loch Fyne in Covent Garden and I have to say it was really enjoyable.  As I have mentioned before in this blog I adore seafood, and it was a first for my boyfriend in a lot of areas, Lobster, Oysters and Langoustine.  Yummy.

All of my favourites in there!
  As you can see it was beautifully presented.  My gripe is, and it was £40.95, is that on the menu it says that it feeds four as a starter and two as a main course.  Do they mean birds? Or small children?  This was not a main for two people!  And for the price it was!  It's cold seafood there was no cooking involved at all.  Needless to say it was delicious but I am so happy that we ordered chips, that were fabulous!  Really crispy and just so moreish!  I really do think that we would have gone hungry if we hadn't ordered chips and then the cheese board for dessert.


My biscuits were broken!

The cheese board was lovely too, a glorious blue cheese that totally knocked our socks off!  Our wine was really delicious too.  However again a complaint.  The biscuits on my cheese board were broken as though they were from the bottom of the packet and chucked on the plate.  My partner and I rarely get to to out to eat and spending £80 on a meal that wasn't totally filling was disappointing.  Michael's chip shop up Leyton way know how to portion.  Massive fish, loads of chips, you are never disappointed by size or price! 

No comments:

Post a Comment