Thursday 25 July 2013

Quick pizza sausage rolls

So I was hungry earlier, it wasn't tea time but it was after dinner time and I had finished work for the day, as had my lovely boyfriend.  
I pottered to the kitchen opened the fridge and saw that I had some leftover pizza sauce from the other night.  This was due for the bin today however I saved it!

Pizza Sausage Rolls

Ingredients:

For the pizza sauce (makes enough to top three 10" pizzas and this recipe):
500g passata
4 medium garlic cloves chopped finely
1 onion minced (I don't have any 'new fangled' kitchen equiptment but just grate it like I did)
I also use a heaped tsp of Slap Ya Mamma seasoning (you can buy this from Amazon or http://www.americansweets.co.uk/) adds a really good kick.  
Alternatively you can use 1tsp of chilli powder and 1tsp paprika, or maybe some Tabasco.  It's up to your beautiful taste buds!
Pinch of salt.

375g puff pastry (ready rolled from Asda or other supermarket, Asda is closest to me)

5 pork sausages 

1 egg beaten


Method:


1. Unfurl your puff pastry roll.  Skin each sausage before placing onto the pastry.

2.  Place your sausages onto the pastry (I fit two and a half one side and the same on the other).  Squish them a bit.


3.  Cut the pastry down the middle.

4.  So drop some of the sauce over the sausages and roll up in the pastry, making sure the seal is at the bottom, seal with egg.

5.  Slice into the size you desire.  I cut each roll into 4.  

6.  Place in the freezer for 20-30mins.  Pre-heat the oven to 200c.

7.  When the oven is ready to go and the rolls have had their time in the freezer, brush with egg and place onto non-stick baking try and bake for 25-30mins or until golden brown and bubbling.

8.  Remove from the oven and scoff.

I cooked these and the rolls separated slightly in the oven because maybe the pastry wasn't cool enough, or because the sauce is so wet.  I have to say that regardless of this, they were so good.  Please try!

No comments:

Post a Comment