Monday 15 July 2013

The Kitchenaid

Thanks BBC, I pay my licence so I can use this right?


Ah the Kitchenaid.  Everywhere you lurk.  Next to cardigan Jim from last years Great British Bake Off, they all had them, the swines! Next to Nigella, the lovely Anna Olson has one, everyone has one.  EVERYONE!

Kitchenaid must have the best marketing team in the culinary world.  They have noticed that these programmes are on all the time, and they've thought 'these people should be using our equipment '.  They have probably given all these beautiful little machines away for free.  The reason for this is clear.  They know they have a glamorous product and the want is there.  I mean I sit there jealous, counting the Kitchenaids.

So I decide I need one.  I go to Google.  Goodness gracious me, all the colours.  All the lovely little features.  £429.  I'll stick with my homely whisk thank you.  It was only £3 from Asda.

So the clever little devils at Kitchenaid with their lovely mixer that costs a fortune are rubbing their (probably clean and flour-free) hands with glee.  Counting the money as each episode of Great British Bake Off airs.  

It is quite clear that there are other companies at this too, but Kitchenaid are ever present, looming large, in the homes of my favourite chefs, saying 'you can't make this recipe without me'.  I haven't seen such a professional piece of product placement in a long time.  Hats off to them.  I am currently saving for one.  The price be damned.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment